Senior Systems Engineer – Cloud
Change Digital are recruiting a Senior Systems Engineer – Cloud on behalf of a highly recognised and growing retail bank. This role is responsible for developing and driving the successful adoption of the next generation of cloud services.
Based in Newcastle Upon Tyne this company are seeking Senior System Engineers – Cloud who can use their initiative and drive to help us automate and improve the build, run and change cycle to our AWS based environment.
This role is based out of Newcastle Upon Tyne, however at present all staff team members are based remotely working from home and this is expected to remain the case for the time being. With this in mind the company are happy to consider candidates who wish to work from home on a full time basis. There will be a requirement to attend collaboration meetings with colleagues in Newcastle and Edinburgh.
Experience and skills required
- Enthusiasm and initiative in embedding a DevOps mindset into ways of working, implementing automation and tightening feedback loops both within the team and towards senior stakeholders
- Strong systems administration background predominantly Linux based with some Windows.
- Proven hands-on experience of AWS. Certification is a bonus but not a requirement
- Experienced in supporting Java-based workloads including performance tuning.
- Strong understanding of production scale multi-tiered systems architecture and service management principles
- There will be a requirement Able to undertake out of hours duties as part of the role where required to support incidents and complex change.