Mainframe RACF Specialist – Permanent -Edinburgh – up to £55K plus benefits + Full Sponsorship
This is a new permanent role with a financial services company in Scotland. As an RACF Specialist, you’ll be providing input to and supporting the team’s activities to make sure that the platform integrity is maintained in line with technical roadmaps, while supporting change demands from domains or centres of excellence. You’ll be supporting the delivery of a robust production management service for relevant infrastructure platforms.
In addition, you’ll be contributing to the delivery of customer outcomes, innovation and early learning by contributing to test products and services to identify early on if they are viable and deliver the desired outcomes.
This is an opportunity to learn a variety of new skills in a constantly evolving environment, working closely with feature teams to continuously enhance your development.
Your role will involve:
· Contributing to the platform risk culture, making sure that risks are discussed and understood at every step, and effectively collaborating to mitigate risk.
· Contributing to the planning and execution of work within the platform and the timely servicing of feature development requests from cross platform initiatives and supporting the delivery of regulatory reporting.
· Participating and seeking out opportunities to simplify the platform infrastructure, architecture, services and customer solutions, guarding against introducing new complexity.
· Building relationships with platform, domain and relevant cross-domain stakeholders.
· Making sure that controls are applied and constantly reviewed, primarily against SOX, to ensure full compliance to all our policies and regulatory obligations.
The skills you’ll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need great communication skills and the ability to communicate complex, technical concepts clearly to your colleagues. With experience gained in an Agile or DevOps environment, you’ll bring a good understanding of Agile methodologies and a determination to improve the service we provide for our customer through automation.
You’ll also need:
· Mainframe experience in RACF, ICSF, REXX, CARLA, JCL and zSecure is essential.
· Great analytical skills and the ability to handle the complex dynamics required to support operational aspects of mainframe security.
· Confidence when collaborating at a senior level.
· Good influencing and coaching skills.
· A solid understanding of risk and the ability to maintain controls, with a view to managing audit requirements.
This role is urgent in nature (1 Month notice period is fine). Please email your updated CV in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 077 375 38 248 for more information.