Change Digital Recruitment are currently working on behalf of well-established UK retail bank to recruit a Domain Architect – Network. Based in Edinburgh, Scotland this company are one of the UK’s most recognised brands and offer a wide range of financial services and products to retail consumers.
They now have a fantastic opportunity for a Domain Architect based at the headquarters in Edinburgh. This role has responsibility for delivering a wide range of challenging infrastructure solutions through shaping and informing key architectural decisions and solution designs.
Key responsibilities for the role will include
- Leading, delivering and communicating the network architecture domain in line with the defined technology strategies and architecture of the Bank.
- Delivering and maintaining the network domain roadmap which informs technology decisions and shapes and aligns the investment portfolio ensuring it delivers to the Bank’s target architecture
- Working across the business & delivery teams to explore and agree network solutions that meet business requirements within project and enterprise constraints
- Influencing Exec and Senior Management in network technology and architecture decisions and guiding technical specialists by staying abreast of industry trends & solutions
- Providing advice on network aspects of solution and infrastructure architecture, system development and integration and ensuring that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards, and practices are applied correctly.
Experience and skills required for the role include.
- Network Architecture & Design.
- Knowledge of Industry Models or Frameworks.
- Able to work under broad direction with minimum supervision and be accountable for meeting allocated management objectives.
- Possess in depth industry experience in Networks
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Expert knowledge of a range of network technology e.g. routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, etc.), knowledge of data centre networking including leaf and spine architectures, SD-WAN, MPLS and cloud networking AWS direct connect\transit gateway, Azure ExpressRoute, network security (NTS/NDR, security platforms (NAC, firewalls), Application Delivery platforms (e.g. F5)