Change Digital recruitment are working with one of the UK’s most recognised consumer brands on a major campaign to further enhance and improve the customer experience within their financial services business. This business provides a range of consumer-focused financial services products ranging from loans and credit cards through to household and motor insurance.
Due to continued growth, they are now recruiting the key position of Digital Standards Lead who will take ownership and responsibility for improving the way that our Digital Team works to deliver experiences that our customers appreciate.
Based in Edinburgh, Scotland this role is responsible for bringing everything together behind a common purpose and shared understanding that ensures that we are operating as efficiently and effectively as we can. Driving the internal culture, modelling key behaviours, supporting areas that are struggling and making sure that we celebrate and shout when we succeed. As the Product Owner of the Digital Standards Team, this role will drive the roll-out and adoption the Digital Design System and ensure that all Digital Services are consistent, usable, accessible, and scalable.
Key responsibilities will include:
· As the Digital Standards Lead, you will drive continual improvements in the Bank’s Digital ways of working, capability and tooling, ensuring they are constantly evolving working practices in line with best-in-class Digital businesses
· You will be the driving force behind improving the way that the Digital Team works to deliver experiences that customers love
· You will perform the role of Product Owner for the Bank’s Digital Standards Product Team, who are responsible for ensuring that all Digital services are consistent, usable, accessible and scalable so that we can deliver the brand intent through every digital interaction
· You will guide the Standards Team in growing, maintaining, and evolving our Design System used across all Product Teams to improve their efficiency, flow and effectiveness.
· Collaborating with Design and Engineering Leads, you will define the strategy and roadmap for the Design System to enable our Digital capability to scale and continually drive efficiency and quality
Experience and skills required for the role:
· At least 3 years of direct experience working with design systems, particularly within a Product role
· A technical understanding of Design Systems (preferably at large scale) that bridges both Design and Engineering
· • Excellent verbal and written communication skills to promote collaboration across a broad group of teams including Design, Engineering, Product and the wider group
· Strong understanding of Scrum project management and JIRA best practices alongside at least 5 years of experience working on an agile team
· A good understanding of the Product Development process and agile methodologies across both discovery and deliver
· A background in Product Design with a firm grasp across key concepts in UI, UX and motion design