Are you an experienced Data Engineer ?
Do you have experience of building and maintaining data flows and data acquisition processes ?
Do you want to work for a leading Bank that is in the process of migrating to new platforms ?
In this role you will be building the banks data marts and data assets, driving the BI analysis and reporting activities. Currently using SAS DI they will be moving to their cloud data platform in AWS.
· Building and maintaining business data marts and data assets that will drive the BI, Analysis, Regulatory Reporting and Analytics activities for the organisation.
· Being proficient in multiple and emerging technologies. SAS (EG & DI Studio), SQL, python and Spark
· Using technology in Industry Best Practice ways. Build data flows which take full advantage of the technologies they have.
· Building safe Data Flows. Ensure that there are fit for purpose validations and controls in our Data Flows in order to evidence control across the area.
· Aligning to Data Governance Principles. Work with Data Governance to build, monitor and maintain fit for purpose documentation such as Data Dictionaries and Entity Relationship Diagrams for their databases and data assets.
· Maintenance of existing Data Flows.
· Building a strong Risk culture within Data Engineering.
Your experience should include:
· Programming with SAS EG, DI Studio & SQL
· Ideally, some experience of programming with cloud-based tools (python, Spark etc.)
· Data Analysis/Profiling
· Real Time Data Flows
· Batch based data load
· Problem Solving (technical, database)
· Data Management
· Data Modelling/Data Model Interpretation
· Database/Data Solution Design
For more information please get in touch asap on 0141 5668922